Safety has always been at the forefront of Unispace’s priorities. As a global organization, we are committed to improving our safety performance and creating ideal work environments for all.What’s the result?
- 0 lost time injuries
- in over 1,000,000 hours worked
- across 90 projects around the world, and
- a year-on-year reduction of 78% in our total recordable injuries rate
Last year we launched our global Safer Together initiative, a pledge to ensure the safety, health and well-being of our people, clients, and communities. It’s about going beyond processes and procedures – safety is fundamentally about people. We’re making sure everyone gets back home to their loved ones as healthy and safely as when they arrived at work.
What safety means to us
We know safety begins with each of us, but we also know it doesn’t end there. We've developed a culture with a focus on safety, which means every Unispace employee thinks about safety and how their actions affect others. This mindset has helped us to maintain productivity and keep projects on track, even through the Covid-19 pandemic, by minimizing the risk of delays and setbacks, while doing our part to instill trust and help everyone feel comfortable and healthy.
“Safety means looking after each other. Making sure everyone that comes to work can go back to their loved ones as safely and healthy as they arrived.” – Luisa Young, Chief Risk Officer
Staying Safer Together
As we continue to prioritize safety, health, and wellbeing, this month we’re focusing on Think Safe, centered around preventing falls – one of the most common types of construction-related injuries – and working safely at heights. Across the 48 countries we operate in, we’ll be talking about fall prevention and providing training to create safer environments for all.
There are three elements to Safer Together:
- Think Safe. Wherever you work, keep safety top of mind – this means being aware of your surroundings whether that’s on a scaffold or at a desk.
- Feel Safe. Feel safe, healthy, and happy at work – and tell us if you don’t – it’s about creating an environment where people feel comfortable, valued, and looked after.
- Be Safe. Work as safely as you can and help other do the same – wherever you work, we want our teams to be safe, and comfortable enough to help improve processes and behaviors.
Safety in action
Since launching Safer Together, our commitment to safety has been recognized internationally:
- Silver award at the RoSPA Health & Safety Awards in the UK for our dedication to raising health and safety standards
- Master Builders Association NSW Award in Australia for our Perfect Site Set Up Guidelines, which we have implemented globally
- bizSAFE Star status and ISO 45001 awarded to our team in Singapore for workers’ health and safety
- ISO 45001 accreditation awarded to our team in New Zealand
We continue to infuse safety across every aspect of our business to ensure we’re following, sharing and leading best practices. From our leadership to all Unispace employees and subcontractors, we’re all in this together; we are Safer Together.